Round Two. I spent about 45 minutes earlier this morning doing this blog and somehow managed to delete it in one fell swoop. I have no clue how I managed to accomplish this, but now I’m back for more.
I am writing this in response to a “Blogging Challenge” Brandon Grasley issued. I’m a little defeated at the start, because I know I cannot finish it the way it is intended to go. Since I have a competitive spirit, I refuse to give up. I will complete as much of the challenge as I can and hope I live up to the standards he has set forth.
Here we go:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
ACKNOWLEDGE THE NOMINATING BLOGGER
I first “met” Brandon Grasley @bgrasley at OTRK12 in March. He was one of the first people I followed on twitter and one of the first to acknowledge me and welcome me aboard. He continues to post interesting links and shares his knowledge generously.
SHARE 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF
- 1. I have a portwine “stain” on my left leg. (this type of birthmark is usually on people’s faces)
- I have a large stapled surgery scar on my right knee from a soccer injury
- I have 2 tattoos and 8 piercings
- My favourite meal is spaghetti and meatballs.
- I probably will never own a pet.
- I was accepted into Nursing, so if teaching didn’t work out, that’s probably what I’d be doing.
- When I retire, I’d like a job selling office/school supplies, I love that stuff!
- I used to be a “delivery girl”as a summer job.
- I am a switch hitter in baseball.
- I was once detained at customs for unwittingly smuggling Kraft Dinner into a country.
- I opened my first bank account at age 14 with the intention of saving enough money to get to Australia one day. (I did)
ANSWER THE 11 QUESTIONS THE NOMINATING BLOGGER HAD FOR YOU:
- Who is the “most famous” person you’ve ever spoken with? Probably Jorge deGuzman who was a CBC “Champions of Change” finalist in 2010.
- What’s one thing you’ve learned recently for pleasure but not for work? I am trying to learn more French as my daughter attends a French language school.
- What’s your favourite type of exercise? I love to jog, but currently play in a volleyball league which I enjoy.
- What is something you love to do in each season of the year (name 4 things)? Toboggan, bike, swim, jump in leaves.
- What’s something you have to do that you feel self-conscious about? Post on twitter and my blog. I have lots of ideas, but some seem nutty and impossible.
- Who helps you to “overcome”? My daughter. I have social anxiety, but will do whatever it takes to make sure she is healthy and taken care of.
- If you could magically change one thing (and only one!) about the state of technology in education, what would it be? More reliable access to it!
- What do you appreciate? Spending time with family and friends.
- Who have you thanked today? For what? My department colleagues for supporting my ideas.
- Is “unplugging” a good thing for you, or a bad thing, or …? I’m online too much, but I also am learning so much.
- How did you feel when you were nominated? Excited! Who wouldn’t want to be considered a blogger!
LIST 11 BLOGGERS
This is where I lost the challenge. I don’t feel comfortable enough with most of the people I follow on twitter to “talk” to them. Brandon Grasley nominated me and I pretty much follow the same people (probably because I likely stole his list) and don’t know who else to contact. (part of my social anxiety) So, I lost the challenge. However, I will finish it, because my Mom always told me to finish what I start.
POST 11 QUESTIONS
- What did you study in college/university?
- What is your favourite memory from college/university?
- If you weren’t doing your current job, what field would you be in?
- What guilty pleasure tv show do you watch?
- Where would you like to travel that you haven’t been to yet and why?
- Do you play a musical instrument? (Or what would you like to play?)
- Do you have a “lucky” piece of clothing you like to wear?
- What would be your favourite meal?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- What tech skill would you like to improve?
- If you could meet one person from history, who would it be?
So there you have it. Me. In a nutshell. Strange as I may be. Thank you to Brandon for including me in “Joyful Blogging”. I know I have some repeats, but I guess it’s great we all like to know similar things about each other.