This is my quick point form blog of some things I learned. While my title may suggest session learning may not have been fun, THAT IS NOT THE CASE. Clearly, the sessions were fun and informative, I will write about that later. Today, I write about some fun things that happened at otrk12, but not necessarily in session. The following list is either fun things I learned or reaffirmed over the past two days:
– people like Greek yogurt for breakfast
– hecklers can be fun and add to your presentation
– strangers can be supportive, kind, and gracious
– I like people who like to hug
– even though I’m almost 10 years older than my eLC, he protected me like a big brother
– my DeLC is generous and can handle my (at times) potty mouth
– (another eLC mention) he can find me a travel partner since I’m terrified of traveling alone
– no one made bad remarks about my unbrushed hair of 2 days
– everyone enjoys selfies, selfie bombs, and making them hashtags
– strangers will invite you to lunch and talk to you ! ( this is good for me because I have anxiety)
– I should be more social and not hide in my room every free second I have, because, you know, people are nice!
OTRK12 was an amazing experience. I learned so much, again, I was not disappointed. I also wanted to take time to smell the roses, which is why I am chuckling following the twitter stream selfies, because we all like to have a little fun while learning. I sincerely hope you enjoyed the conference as much as I.